Thursday, July 5, 2012

7/5/12

Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July.. Being a Brit I've never really celebrated Thanksgiving and July 4th.. I did it when my daughter was living at home, but after she moved out to start her new life, I don't really bother anymore.. My husband does't mind. I do cook ( or did not since surgery ) a Thanksgiving meal, but it's small because it's  just usually  hubby and I. Our family isn't close by so it's usually only us for holiday's and to be truthful it's a lot of work for just two people.  We have gone out for July 4th to see fireworks, but with the heat and terrible storm we had a few days ago, staying home was all we wanted to do. We had no electricity for 2 1/2 days and when you have well water and the pumps don't work for water, not fun! Anyway, I do hope everyone had a fun, safe day..

Well today I got on the scale and it said 175.5 then later on I thought I would try again because my first goal was to make it to 175 and low and behold it said 175, so I'm taking it.. I have noticed that my wt is coming off very slow and it's very frustating but it is what it is and I will continue to do what I need to..  I 've dropped 1 protein shake a day and have been trying to figure out good sources of protein that aren't high in calories.  All I've come up with so far is jerky, lol! so I've been having 2oz of jerky as my replacement for my protein shake..I purchased simple bars protein bars and they are not bad, but they seem to elevate my sugars, so I don't eat them very often. They are 16 grams of protein, 2 to 5 grams of sugar and 160 calories, so not bad., 

I found this ice cream called So Delicious Coconut Milk No Sugar Added ice cream.. It's not bad at all, is it ice cream?NO!! but it's  really good sub. I got the chocolate and it kind of tastes like a mounds bar, due to the coconut milk. It's 100 for 1/2cup which is my portion size. It's 1 gram of sugar and it doesn't effect my sugars at all. No real protein though, just 1 gram, but it's a good sub for the hot lazy ice cream days.. It has to be No Sugar Added because they do have other kinds with higher calories, etc... I've also heard about a ice cream called Artic Zero that's suppose to be 150 calories per pint and 14grams of  protein. Haven't tried it yet, but am on the lookout for it. I've been trying to change my diet a bit so I don't get bored, so trying to find good sources of protien that are  low calories and sugar.. I went to Trader Joe's the other day and purchased a few items, chicken burgers, turkey burgers, I eat have of one usually for lunch and the other half for dinner. Not bad, easy to make and salad is already portioned out so it works out well.. I wanted to purchase the egg white salad but either they didn't have it or I just couldn't find it..

I've also changed my excercise up a bit. I'm doing program 4 and 3 one day and doing program 3 twice the next, on the day's I do program 3, I make the treadmill flat  put it on 4 mph and do 15 minute sprints every 30 secs and the last 15 mins I just walk at 4 mph. I will increase the time as time goes bye. My dream is to run, but I have a very bad foot from a old injury when I was a child, it easily breaks, and I have severe arthritis in it now, but I'm trying to give it a go. At least I can say I tried it.. Now! if I can just get my boobs from hurting afterwards that would be great, lol!!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment